Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Calm before the storm...

So as I was driving down the road today, I noticed how beautiful the sky was. Clear, blue, bright white clouds... just beautiful...



Then it hit me, this is simply the calm before the storm... Cause this is what's headed our way...



So for all of my Gulf Coast friends, and anyone else who wants to make sure they're prepared, here's a list of helpful websites for you to check out!

WEATHER UNDERGROUND - I like this one better than weather.com because it has more maps and versions of everything for you to check out.

GET A GAME PLAN - On this site you'll find links to PDFs and web sites that can help you develop a simple but successful game plan.

MY STATE USA - This is a site where you can sign up for alerts to be sent to you via cell phone text message. When you get to the site, choose your state at the top. Then on the next page at the top left you can click on the link to add your cell # to the alerts list.

Be prepared - Be safe - Love y'all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...so we are still planning on going to Panama City.

I know! We must be CRAZY!

I think we might push it up to leave tomorrow tho, instead of Friday. Then leave to come home Sunday, instead of Monday.

Looks like y'all will be safe and sound in Monroe???

Ashley said...

I guess so, I'm just worried about making it back home... with the contraflow and all...

Anonymous said...

oooh, yep...I forgot about that. Maybe you could just stay a few extra days in Monroe...depending on where the storm actually hits.

If it's like Katrina, the Northshore was beat up pretty bad!!

Ashley said...

yea i know... this is when i kick myself for moving CLOSER to the water!!!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.