Friday, December 5, 2008

Good News... Bad News...

Well, the good news... there's only ONE baby in my tummy!!!!

We have like 5 sets of twins in the families between the two of us... so that was always in the back of our minds!

The bad news, I had some bleeding again yesterday. Went to the doc and they said my progesterone level is a bit low, and they're worried my placenta may be a little low as well. So they put me on bed rest for a week. Did some blood work yesterday, and I have to go to the hospital tomorrow to get some more done. Put me on some medicine to increase my progesterone level, and I have a follow-up appointment next Thursday morning... Joyful huh. But they said that the baby looked ok!!! It's hearbeat was really strong and they didn't see any more blood in the ultrasound.

So if anyone has any bed-rest ideas for me, please let me know. I'm already bored out of my mind and really sick of TV!!

7 comments:

Kassie said...

I'm glad that everything is ok! Bed rest for a week doesn't sound fun though!

Anonymous said...

Do you still have a laptop??

All I'm sayin', Ash...is LISTEN to those doctors. They are doctors for a reason...and KNOW why they want you on bed rest.

Taking care of that baby growing inside you is the most important thing ever!!

Ashley said...

Yes, i've lived on my laptop the past few days... there's just only so much google-ing and yahoo games i can do :-)

Luckily today i have the SEC Championship and some movies from Blockbuster!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I was on bed rest for the last 5 weeks for my last one. I know it hard but it all worth it in the end. Try working on an address list for birth announcements. Or sing and read to the baby. It doen't hurt to get a start on their education.

New Girl on Post said...

Glad the baby is doing well. If I were closer I'd bring you beignets daily. :)

Kelly said...

I just found your blog and LOVE it!! I am also in the area-Mandeville! I hope your week of bedrest doesn't get too boring! I just read a lot when I was on bed rest! Ooo..or if there were any t.v. shows that you want to catch up on, rent the seasons from Blockbuster! I'll keep checking up on you and that baby! Keep us updated!

StaLira said...

congratulations!