Monday, October 20, 2008

The Weekend...

So this will be shorter than I had planned, but my head is absolutely killing me :-(

Josh's birthday was this past Saturday, and I made him some brownies! I also felt the need to decorate them, which just reassured me that I have no future as a decorator in a bakery!

Also, Josh's mom came in town and we had lots of fun. Went shopping on Saturday and also out to eat for his birthday... Now that I'm looking back, we should have embarrased him and got them to sing! Why do I always think of these things after the fact? Probably cause we were too focused on the LSU game, which (THANK GOD) they won! Also got to hang out with Daisy Mae. She's such a cutie! Kujeaux was not really a fan of course, because she took the spotlight away from him... This is a pic of Daisy chasing her tail!

And finally, the best part of the weekend (yes, better than LSU winning) was Church. For those of you who know me well, you know this is not my strong suit. I don't remember the last time I went to Church and it wasn't for an occasion (wedding, funeral, Easter, etc). Yes, I know - that is HORRIBLE. Josh and I have been talking about Church a lot lately, and decided it was time to go... and KEEP ON GOING. Since I was raised Catholic and Josh was raised Baptist, we decided to search for a Non-Denominational Church. This led us to Church of the King, and let me tell you, WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the Catholic Religion, but when I left Church Sunday, I really felt like it was the first time I left feeling... inspired... like the service spoke to me. I wasn't just going through all the motions. The music was amazing, and his sermon really hit home... like he knew we were coming and got together with his fellow Pastors and said "Hey, you know that Banks couple, they're finnally gonna come to Church now, so let's talk about this..." I cannot wait to go back next Sunday!!! Even though the Pastor (I think that's what you call him, I'm still getting used to the new lingo!) said the Bible that I have is the version "the apostles used". Evidently I may need to upgrade to the New King James Version!

HA! Aren't you glad I said this was going to be shorter than I planned!

4 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

I'm glad you found a church you like! I grew up going to church, but since getting married and moving here I haven't gone at all. I feel horrible every Sunday when I don't go, but I miss the compaionship at my old church. I hate being the New Girl somewhere.

Thanks for your tip on They Myrtles! I want to go there before I leave. I hope I have time.

Lindsey said...

Aw yay! I'm so glad you found a church you like! We go to a non-denominational church too and LOVE it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, YOU KNOW I am so proud of you for going!!!! You will need to fill me in on what you loved so much!!!!

New Girl on Post said...

So you just discovered Forever21? Give it a few months and you'll be as hooked as I am! I buy most of my shirts and dresses there and I can honestly say I'm officially addicted! If you ever need a shopping buddy for the place, give me a ring. :)