Friday, January 30, 2009

Bedrest to Hospital

Yep, that's right. I'm in the hospital. Thank goodness for wireless internet!

Yesterday I woke up with some HORRIBLE cramps. Called the doctor and she said to come right in. They did an ultrasound and she did not like what she saw. I have a blood clot between my placenta and the uterine wall. The clot is pushing the placenta down on the baby, and if it gets bigger could push the baby out. Since I'm only 16 weeks along, this is not good. So off to the hospital I go... Now I have fun lines and wires hooked up to me, and they're monitoring the baby and myself every 4 hours. The ultrasound from yesterday to today showed the clot has shrunk .4 cm, which is not a lot but it's just good that it's shrinking!!! Not sure how long I will be in here - could be a week, could be the rest of the pregnancy (shoot me please).

I'll keep everyone updated on here, and if you're ever bored feel free to come visit!!!

5 comments:

Not Quite the Brady Bunch said...

Hey chick. Rachel called me last night after she talked to your mom. So glad to hear that the baby is ok. Little man right?? he he. Sorry you are stuck in the bed. If I can do anything...just call! Love ya chickie....

Anonymous said...

Gosh Ashley, how scary for you. I am praying for ya...and hope you get to go home real soon. But more importantly that the clot will shrink.

Love ya.

New Girl on Post said...

Ashley, I'm so sorry that you're in the hospital. I'd love to send you a card or something. Would you mind emailing me your address? Is that ok?

osugirl713@hotmail.com

Lindsey said...

Ashley, I am praying for you and your sweet family!

Kelly said...

I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this!!! We are praying for you and that little one.